Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Training with Mentally STRONG
Online CBT Training & Courses for Therapists Using the Mentally STRONG Method in Your Practice
Using the Mentally STRONG Method in Your Practice
As dedicated mental health professionals, we want to see our clients reach their full potential. Often, it is easier said than done. You may find that many of your clients are struggling to overcome significant obstacles in their lives outside of a traditional therapy setting. That is why our team has developed a new and practical CBT training program to help anyone learn how to manage their mental health and overcome life’s toughest challenges.
Course Learning Objectives:
- To understand how The Mentally STRONG Method meets the criteria for a cognitive behavioral technique.
- To understand the four elements of The Mentally STRONG Method.
- To understand the ten categories outlined in the element: Identify and Organize.
- To understand how to use Choice Opportunities Worksheets within the Power of Choice Element.
- To feel confident using The Mentally STRONG Method with a client in a professional session.
CE Hours awarded for Completion: 5.5
The Mentally STRONG Method is a hands-on, self-directed approach to understanding how negative experiences impact your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. By learning to identify and challenge negative beliefs about yourself, you can develop new skills to help overcome your struggles. This method can treat various conditions, such as depression and anxiety, as it draws on various evidence-based aspects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Our unique CBT training program is designed to teach you how to use the Mentally STRONG Method to empower your clients to achieve their greatest goals and desires.
What is the Mentally STRONG Method?
Created by Dr. Cristi Bundukamara Ed.D. PMHNP, the Mentally STRONG Method draws on different aspects of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and helps clients understand their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors by analyzing past experiences.
Who is a good fit for this course and what qualifications are required?
Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Social Workers (LSW), RNs working in Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, and Psychiatrists are all qualified to take the Mentally STRONG Method online CBT training course.
Why would this CBT training course be useful to your clients?
By implementing our CBT training in your practice, you can provide your clients with additional strategies to live the life they have always dreamed. By learning and applying this approach in your practice, your clients will learn techniques to organize their thoughts and manage negative emotions, supporting them in making positive life choices.
Using the Mentally STRONG Method with your clients will also provide strategies to navigate intrusive thoughts and beliefs about themselves or their past, allowing them to feel empowered and take more ownership of their thoughts and emotions. The Method is easy to implement, with a built-in treatment plan, easy-to-track goals and progress, and individualized worksheets.
What type of research or field work has been performed to prove the effectiveness of this Method?
Our team of experts is currently working with Cambridge Brain Science to develop a research protocol.
How is this course structured?
The following is an overview of the valuable information you will learn in the eight-module, online CBT training course.
CONTENT WARNING: This course contains descriptions and extensive discussion regarding sexual abuse, self-harming behavior, and the mental state of someone who is an abuse survivor or engaged in self-harming behavior. Videos contained in this course may be emotionally activating for some participants.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Mentally STRONG Method and Dr. B’s story.
- Module 2: Read about CBT training in connection to the Mentally STRONG Method. You will also be introduced to the case study you will follow throughout the course.
- Modules 3-6: Learn the Mentally STRONG Method elements and how your clients can practically apply them.
- Module 7: Learn how to use Choice Opportunity Worksheets to empower your clients.
- Module 8: In the final module, you will receive a course post-test, course evaluation, and references.
What happens after the CBT training course is completed?
Upon finishing the CBT training course, you can sign the professional advocate agreement. In doing so, you will have permission to use the Mentally STRONG Method in your practice at no additional cost.